ChatGPT Won’t Fix, Replace, or Even Guarantee to Help
Being a business owner, you’ve probably heard the hype about ChatGPT. You might be wondering if it’s a silver bullet for your marketing team. In short, no. Think of it as more like booster rockets. It will help you get off the ground rather than break records in speed or productivity!
Why isn’t my marketer using ChatGPT?
The truth is that many marketers need to learn how to get the most out of ChatGPT. It’s a powerful tool, but only when utilized correctly. To get the best results, you first need to have the following:
- Comprehension of your target market
- Understanding of their objections
- Grasp their needs before deploying a chatbot on your website
While it’s a fun and impactful marketing tool, ChatGPT is a complex plug-and-play solution. Therefore, you need to understand how it works best and prepare to adjust as needed.
What ChatGPT Should NOT be Doing Right Now:
As an experienced agency owner, I have seen firsthand what works and what doesn’t. I can tell you that a lot still needs to be added to unassisted chatbots. ChatGPT should not be your go to for SEO, content marketing, social media, ads, or email marketing.
- SEO tasks
- Writing long-form content
- Collecting link opportunities
- Pulling errors
- Curating anything in real-time (ChatGPT’s dataset is OLD)
- Accumliating keyword lists
- Creating optimization recommendations
ChatGPT vs Humans
ChatGPT still needs to be equipped to replace humans on complex tasks. The chatbot should automate some simpler processes. These could include:
- Customer service inquiries
- The ability to schedule appointments
- Taking orders
- Responding to questions
- Deliver customized messages based on age, location, etc.
ChatGPT could provide personalized experiences for customers if it offered any of these.
Many think ChatGPT replaces marketing efforts. However, ChatGPT is a research tool still under development. This means that you shouldn’t expect miracles. You should use it to supplement your existing marketing strategy. This will provide a more efficient customer experience.
Overall, ChatGPT is an exciting new tool for businesses. It can save time and money initially. Understanding your target audience will make the implementation process more successful. You just need to make sure to plan how to best use the technology. ChatGPT can become a valuable asset with your understanding, preparation, and patience. It can enhance your customer experience while boosting overall efficiency and success.
That said, it’s important to remember that some tasks still require human involvement. Only humans can provide customers with meaningful experiences from a stellar brand.
What ChatGPT Can be Doing:
Some tasks ChatGPT can handle with ease include:
- Customer service inquiries
- Scheduling and confirming appointments
- Taking orders and payments
- Providing access to product information
- Responding to frequently asked questions
- Delivering personalized messages based on user data such as age or location
- Helping customers navigate through the website’s features
ChatGPT Can Also be Trained to Offer Helpful Advice by:
- Suggesting real-time responses to frequently asked questions
- Offering targeted suggestions for products and services
- Writing short-form content (as long as unique inputs are used and a general overview & thoughtful rewrite and brand-voice is touched up)
- Creating branded content as long as inputs include audience insights and pain points
- Providing insights on customer sentiment
- Helping identify FAQs that are relevant to the conversation
- Making recommendations and helping individuals on their journey with a brand
- Assisting in customer service-related tasks
- Providing useful resources
- Generating ideas for brand voice
- Creating other platform versions of evergreen content (again on the overview and voice rewrite)
Additionally, changes this year have highlighted how agile teams need to be. Technology is shifting rapidly, and so are our people and customer behaviors. This is making even seasoned marketers work hard at adapting quickly enough!
Tips for transitioning your marketing team to an agile marketing team:
- Embrace customer-centricity: Focus on understanding customer needs, wants, and preferences. This will help build marketing activities tailored to them
- Invest in technology: Utilize tools like ChatGPT. Use this technology to automate processes, improve campaigns, and create efficiencies
- Create a culture of agility: Encourage teams to think outside the box, try new things, and move quickly.
- Measure, measure, and measure: Track campaign performance in real-time. This will allow you to optimize results and gauge customer sentiment
- Collaborate across functions: Make sure data is shared between teams. This way everyone is on the same page regarding customer behavior
- Embrace experimentation: Encourage your team to experiment with different tactics, tools, and strategies. This will help you stay ahead of the competition
- Reevaluate goals regularly: Align customer feedback and marketing performance data with business objectives. This way, you can adjust tactics and activities to match desired outcomes
- Invest in training: Make sure everyone on your team is up to date with the latest trends and best practices for effective marketing.
Investing in an agile approach allows teams to get ahead of the competition. This will ensure that their campaigns meet customer demands. Additionally, ChatGPT can help automate processes and make marketing teams more efficient. This is done by taking care of the tedious and manual tasks that take up valuable time. With an agile team and the power of ChatGPT, your marketing efforts can become a powerful asset. This helps you meet customer expectations while driving success for your business. The future (and present) of digital marketing is here. So make sure you’re leveraging it to its fullest potential!
Set Realistic Expectations
As with any tool, it’s important to remember that quality is critical. The content created must have a human touch to be truly effective. ChatGPT can help take your marketing efforts to the next level, but it will still require some human intervention to reach that success!
Thanks for reading. I hope this post has helped you to understand the potential of ChatGPT in modern digital marketing. As well as how it can help your business unlock its full potential. If you have any questions or want to learn more about ChatGPT, feel free to reach out!
Until then, happy marketing!
At 15000 Cubits, we pride ourselves on staying ahead of the curve and adapting rapidly to change.
That’s why we offer a training program, HackHer Growth. It covers the essential skills for today’s marketer and helps you build a strong foundation.
Businesses need nimble teams that can execute quickly and efficiently. Let us help you build yours!
Want to learn more about our training program and how we can help your team? Drop us a line at 15000 Cubits today!